Monday, September 13, 2010

FOURTH IS THE BEST

Hey there, DGNB readers. I apologize for neglecting the ten of you (whom I love equally) recently. Mostly, logging into Blogger is kind of a bitch every time, but I regress- no excuses, especially lousy ones like that.

I figured I'd update you with the goings-on in DGNB world. Firstly, and most importantly, not only will you be able to find my insightful prose here (like I'd abandon you, and this forum in which I can say 'fuck'), but I have joined The Fourth Period magazine team for the upcoming season, and this is huge for me. The Fourth Period is the only hockey lifestyle magazine, and if we all agree on something, it's that the lifestyle surrounding our sport is really like no other. The articles are edgy, the photos (especially the covers) are dope, and there aren't 13 pages of stats to skip (okay, I skim them sometimes). The Fourth Period magazine is doing its huge part in bridging the gaps between fan, player, and organization (perhaps bridging the media/blogger gap a little as well); really appealing to the real fan, which most of us are. Keep an eye out for my stuff at TheFourthPeriod.com (or click the TFP logo on the right), and check out the free digital issue of the most recent magazine out NOW.


Lastly, the first ever DGNB t-shirt will be dropping soon, and while we are talking merchandise, let us hear what else you'd like to see via DGNB web store (no worries, none of that 'dot com' stuff, self promotion is really not our forte). All ideas are welcome, even the dumb ones. Especially the dumb ones.


Let's drop the puck already, I'm sick of making LA Kings toast.


Peace + love, fellow hockey fans.


(photos- The Fourth Period)

4 comments:

  1. I'm really happy that you're getting the chance with them Lauren.

    I'm trying to build myself into that same mold. I know you may think this sounds cheesy somewhat, but I look up to you when it comes to blogs. I always try to improve.

    As for the merch for DGNB, I like DGNB rally towels(white, or blue, purple, black and red, if white is too eye-gouging worthy) and DGNB knit hats. Maybe even DGNB posters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. TFP is a bad ass magazine with excellent writers. Looking forward to reading your schwag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DGNB pucks or DGNB hockey tape or shin guard tape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DGNB Hoodies would be awesome.

    Also congrats on TFP. Ill look forward to reading you.

    ReplyDelete

Drop some love... or not.