Tuesday, August 3, 2010

HELLO, HELLO AGAIN

We meet again, hockey fans. I’ve been on quite the blog-hiatus (if anyone reading this is saying “what blog?” you might as well stop reading now, skip to the next entry, and we’ll start fresh, cool?). Partly because I am on the tail end of a two-year binge of irresponsibility, and possibly the most fun I’ve ever had. And partly, less partly than the former, I’ve been working on a personal project of sorts, one that hopefully doesn’t attract all the connotations and clichés that come along with “writing a novel” (okay, maybe some of the clichés, let’s be real). I’ve been meaning to get back to you for a while actually. Who knows what really made me decide to actually put it into action, but I blame Derek Boogaard. 1300 + aimless words about this goofy son of a bitch (how about that? No censorship) and the recently infamous ‘Boogaard contract’ (I don’t even need to say the number because it is blaring in your head right now) had me realizing that I actually spend a lot of time during the day occupying my mind with things like this. Things like hockey.

By the way, I defended the Boogaard contract…. I know, right?

Truth be told, I’m hungry for this type of outlet; to be able to communicate with people all over about the game we all love. But that is only half of it. I’m only half an attention whore because my good buddy Fraser Matthews will be collabo-ing with me on all things hockey (not all things, just the things we care about). Fraser resides and works the nine-to-five grind in the hockey Mecca of Toronto, and I live and day dream out in the hockey-not-so-Mecca of Los Angeles- you’re starting to get why this is cute, eh? Matthews is perhaps the perfect constant contributor for me mostly because he is everything I’m not (a Rob Lowe look alike), he knows things I don’t know (he’s Canadian and you can’t argue with bloodlines), and he always has something good to say when we talk hockey (or when we talk whatever); always my favorite source of entertaining information. So this is our outlet, a collective of thoughts, coast-to-coast musings from a couple of real hockey fans. What we have to say is never more or less important than anything anyone else has to say- maybe (hopefully) just a little different, like Derek Boogaard, and we can appreciate that.


It’s good to be back, people. Looking forward to raising a glass, raising a Cup, and raising a little hell with you all this season.


Peace and love, hockey fans.

3 comments:

  1. Does this mean someone can finally help make sense of the off season signings? And sense out of the players that have not been signed yet? Are the GM's finally waking up to the fact that the season of overpaying that starts on July 1st is not good for the sport in general, not does it come close to a guarantee of the Cup? And that Fraser guy can commetn too- Just as long as we still get some pics of you to go with it! You can come tape my sticks anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff. Just so you know, there are plenty of Canadians who neither know anything about, nor care at all for, the game of hockey. Strange to be sure, but sadly, so very very true. Being as that you hail from parts near enough to Canadian soil, clearly that's a balance tipping kinda thing. Looking forward to reading more of your take on the upcoming season, especially since the Leafs (notice I didn't say Laffs) look to be much more competitive with their new signings and a more mature goalie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strawman! Good to see you on here buddy! My first two comments and they fucking rock, haha!

    ReplyDelete

Drop some love... or not.