Wednesday, August 25, 2010

SOME GUY AND A TROPHY

Would look darling next to the chihuahua in your Dodge Neon

Well I for one cannot wait for Ellen Degeneres bobblehead night in Tampa. What is with making hockey player bobblehead statuettes in "street clothes"? Out of context (out of a hockey jersey, gloves and helmet) Steven Stamkos might just look like some guy (or Ellen) to the unknowing eye (including mine). To be fair, it's actually a good rendering of Stamkos, he just kind of looks like Ellen in person. Bobbleheads are a strange promo when you think about it. As a side note on Stamkos, I wonder about him more than anyone why the TB Lightning forward hasn't cracked a video game cover yet. His fancy shmancy offensive artillery and just plain neon-presence are begging to be exploited, and surprisingly haven't been exploited enough by said gimmick-happy organization (for the record I am not pro-exploitation, I am maybe speaking satirically). He is actually, maybe, perhaps, a little overlooked. I see him as one of the most talented players in the league, and definitely among the best representing young players in the game today. But still, I'd like to see a little more of that tow-headed eccentricity out of our boy, because well, what grown man has blond hair?

About Willie Mitchell, I will get to him later, as I feel the subject deserves more thought put into it than me laying around this 100 degree apartment listening to No Diggity. Casual Wednesdays, you know how it is.  You care about Willie Mitchell, I care about Steven Stamkos' head.

Till Willie...?

Peace.

photo from TBL TwitPic

1 comment:

  1. Closest thing I can think of is that he doesn't play in the Northeast division or on a good team, so NBC can't lump him in with Sid and Ovie, even if he did tie 'em in goals last year. How's that for a good run-on sentence? English teachers be damned. Good to see you're blogging again after NHL.com's debacle of a fan site. Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete

Drop some love... or not.